Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Introduction: Pieter Saayman


I’ve been hooked on photography since the first time I’ve used a camera, which was at age 8! But only when I got to high school did the bug really bite me, and at the age of 14 I decided that I wanted to make it my career.

In high school I started taking pictures for the school newspaper. One day the school sent one of my pictures to the local newspaper, which they published the following week. Seeing my name under a published picture was like a drug, and I was hooked, instantly! All through high school I was on a mission to get my pictures published. There were days that I would leave my books at home, but never my camera! My camera bag became my constant companion! (I suppose I was a bit of a geek… and I still am)

I matured a bit from my by-line chasing high school days… now my passion is more concentrated around evoking emotion and telling stories with my pictures. Although, I must admit, I still enjoy seeing my by-line... at the moment there are very few things that can compare with the excitement of seeing FRONTROWIMAGE.COM under a published picture!

One big lesson that I have learnt over the past few years, especially since the conception on FRONTROWIMAGE, is that photography is more than a job, more than a career even… It is a lifestyle!

With this blog we aim to give you some insight into that lifestyle… picture by picture.

No comments: